Loch Ness, a Castle & a Bible



My husband and I took the train from Aberdeen to Inverness and a boat ride on Loch Ness (no Nessie!) to Urquhart Castle where we explored the castle ruins. The castle sits on Loch Ness.






At a cafe, I ate a flapjack (made of oats, similar to a cookie bar, good!) and drank Irn-Bru, an orange soda popular in Scotland.



In Inverness, we stopped in at an old cathedral. We were surprised to find a first edition (1611) of the King James Bible on display.


Today we learned that in some restaurants, to say that you're finished eating doesn't get you your bill. You must specifically ask for your bill. We were told that if the waitress were to just bring it to you when you're finished might make you feel that she's trying to get rid of you. This tip ought to save us a lot of time from now on!

Comments

  1. You are doing such wonderful things. Wish you had seen Nessie. But seeing the castles is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a wonderful vacation! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would pet Nessie from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the way to Loch Ness and no sighting of Nessie - aaah schucks! You are getting to see some great sights - have a great remainder of your trip. Pretty cool seeing an original KJV print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing! Beautiful pictures! I got to go to Scotland years ago and loved it! Have fun making those wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that print in the bible is so hard to read but so fascinating to see! so cool!!!
    that castle is amazing - loved the pic of the spiral stairs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt