Running in Norway


I ran to Stokkavannet Lake on Tuesday. It's about 5 miles around the lake and 2 miles from our hotel in the  center of Stavanger. I found the lake at mapmyrun.com and had no idea that it would be so beautiful.


I memorized the first part of the very long Norwegian street names before I left for the run and was almost surprised to really find the lake. I took all of today's pictures at the lake except for the last one.


Ice in the lake! But not enough ice for walking on it.


I ran over the small bridge that crossed this creek.


A magical place... Moss on the rocks!


There's Stavanger across the lake with the mountains in the background.


This part of the path ran along a golf course. The sun peeked out from the clouds.


I saw four runners, four deer and three swans along the path. The run took me 2 1/2 hours because I stopped to walk through a Norwegian grocery store on the way back (lots of fresh bread and fish) and to take about 100 pictures. 


My husband and I went for a walk when he finished up at work (the reason we're here). Look at my Adidas running gloves - nice and bright! We ate at Egon restaurant where I had Norwegian apple cake topped with caramel syrup - so good!

Comments

  1. The photos are gorgeous. I want to visit. So glad it sounds like you are having a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were wondering if you would get out for some runs - that looks awesome! Enjoy your trip and have fun running all "new" routes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. Its always a fun run when the animals out number the people you see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an ideal place for a run. Any signs of spring yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. l♥♥♥♥ve all these pictures!! what fun you got to run there. that path does look so magical. i especially love that one you took of the rustic canoe dipping in the water. such a beautiful place! enjoy every second there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. It is magical running when you travel. What a special way to see the sights. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! What a great trip to get to run on :)
    I would NOT have found the lake with the Norwegian names =D

    Hope you are having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing!! Hope you are having a great time.

    I love running in new places!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt