Strawberry Jam

Homemade Bread & Jam
Before today's run, I ate peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam on homemade walnut and sunflower seed wheat bread - I came home from my vacation inspired by the delicious fresh bread and jam I ate in Norway. 

Today after a warm-up, I ran to the bridge for hillwork and into the woods for fun trail running. It was a nice, sunny 50° morning. I saw the Google streetview camera car taking pictures and I smiled for the camera. My 10 mile run went by quickly.

Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe (added later)

Stir 1/2 pouch of 45g Ball® Fruit Jell® Freezer Jam Pectin and 3/4 cup sugar together. Add 2 cups crushed strawberries. Pour into containers. Let sit 30 minutes. Use within 3 weeks and freeze the rest. Makes 20 oz. of delicious jam.

Comments

  1. Do you use a breadmaker? I'd like to try bread but don't have an official maker - would want to just use a baking-bread-pan. Do share the jam recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a bread maker, but not any more. I think bread tastes best when it's baked in an oven. Glad to see I'm not the only runner/baker out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm...the jam looks great!
    I bake bread and get a good rise, but it doesn't look like yours- more of a french bread type. It calls for a lot of yeast and very little mixing. What i need is the secret to good sourdough!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jam looks great Tina!!! You probably took plenty of mental notes on the great foods from your trip - happy cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt