TM & Sports Drinks


Running on a treadmill makes speedwork on a humid day possible. Having a cold drink beside me with the fan blowing hard - how can I complain? Yesterday I ran 10 miles on the treadmill.
  • Warm-up: 2 miles
  • 2 miles faster and a 4 minute easy-paced run
  • 4 x 1 mile faster with a 4 minute easy-paced run
  • Cool-down
I started conservatively and ran the last three mile repeats at the same pace, a little faster than the first three miles. The fifth mile repeat was hard. And the last one was really hard for me!


I've gotten some free sports food/drinks. I tried some new Gatorade G Series products because they were all free after a rebate. The 01 pre-workout bars tasted terrible and the 03 post-workout drink with a thick consistency wasn't much better. Fortunately, the acai blueberry 02 Perform sports drink tasted good with a light, blueberry flavor.

Have you seen the online ad for a free 20 oz. Powerbar Ironman Perform sports drink? The mixed berry flavor tasted great midway through today's humid 7.6 miler. If I see the ad again, I'll tweet about it. Update: Here's the coupon. You must sign up/register at Powerbar. Good through May 2011 and redeemable at many GNC stores.

Comments

  1. Good to know about the G series. I had seen them recently on another blog and was curious about the taste. I might have to seek out the powerbar one to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by anyone that can run over 5 on a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... 10 miles on the treadmill, my hat's off to you! I drink them of course, but I'm not a huge fan of the Gatorade "Recovery" drinks that are high in protein - they taste a little "syrupy" to me for some reason - but I like the additional protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great TM workout! i always feel like i'm going to fall off the treadmill after 5 miles!!
    thanks for the opinions on the g series. i heard the same thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt