10K Donut Run

It was sort of a donut run, that is! I ran through the Lone Star Stampede 10K finish line and after a high-five from another runner, I wwas handed Honey Milk and a maple donut.

I felt great after that short snack break. Since I still needed to run back home, I didn't stay to see the results and took off running again - back home. Before the race, I ran to the start from home, about 2 1/2 miles. Kind of fun to run races close to home!

Finish Time by Garmin: 48:01
Course Length by Garmin: 5.9 miles
Weather: 70°, warm, but mostly shady route

This was my second 10K and I finished with exactly a one minute PR, according to my Garmin. I don't know if the race course was actually short or not. I hope not.

Something I've noticed is that the more races I do, the less nervous I am while standing at the start and the more I learn about pacing myself and not going out too fast. One nice perk of racing a 10K is that I didn't feel like I had to run quite so fast as I do for a 5K. One bad thing about running this 10K was seeing all of the 5Kers finish while we 10Kers had to run the course a second time. Maybe that's why my 4th mile was the slowest!

Update: The race results are up!
Chip time: 47:56
Age group (40-49): 3rd out of 35
Overall: 82 out of 375

Update on the length of the race: Since this was a certified course, maybe racing close to tall buildings caused my Garmin to have trouble with satellites, correcting in a straight line when we didn't actually run in a straight line, making it look like a short course.

Comments

  1. Congrats on your finish! Looks like a NEW PR!

    That is a little weird about the short course...If it's not certified I am not surprised though. Now that i finally have a G, I will be curious to see the length of the races I do. It's funny, but at Boston, I wove around so much I ran 26.55. ugh. I didn't need an extra .3, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was certified! We had a chip, but I haven't seen their race results yet. Too bad your race was so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My race was a 1/4 mile long today. Oh well. Congrats on your PR! Love the doughnut at the end of yours. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Congrats on a new PR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I guess these means ALL my races are doughnut runs? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great time! congrats! The donut sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum on the maple donut. We actually call a donut indulgence a 'grunt run'. :-) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donuts after a run are much better than during! :) Did you enjoy the HoneyMilk? I loved it but had to quit it after figuring out I had a dairy-intolerance. :(

    Congrats on the strong 10k and 3rd in a 10-yr age group!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to do a 10k soon. And love how you ran to and from the race as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great comments, everybody!

    Lindsay, too bad about the dairy-intolerance.

    For those who've never tried vanilla Honey Milk: The first 4 ingredients are milk, sugar, honey and vanilla so you could even make it at home to see if you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt