Hills: Revised


I started on the treadmill with a plan to run 3 or 4 one mile hills and revised my plan as I ran since I wanted to do something different from the last time.
  • 1 mile warm-up
  • (1/2 mile at 4%, 4.5% and 5% incline) x 2
  • 1/8 mile at 5.5%, 6%, 6.5% incline
  • 2/3 mile cool-down
  • That's 7 miles total. (I rested after each hill. Rest = 0% incline.)
I cooled off with orange mango Powerbar sports drink which tasted good, but mixed berry is even better.

If you don't like hills, you might like to read 4 Ways to Make Hillwork Fun. Hitting new milestones is one fun part of hillwork: today I set the treadmill at the steepest incline ever. Next time: 7%, if I'm brave!

Later, I was eating giant pancakes and making vacation plans at the Fountainview Cafe with my husband. They call out your number when your food is ready. You know you're eating with a lot of older folks when someone yells out "Bingo!" when their number is called!

Photo: A hill I ran and walked up at Hazelhead Park, Aberdeen, Scotland. Some hills are just that steep!

Comments

  1. I love hills...low ones that are rolling, not mountains! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good workout! So great about the vacation too!!! We went to Maui many years ago and LOVED IT! It is its own paradise. I echo all the suggestions from the previous comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hills are the most dreaded part of my run so thank you for the link. I'll have to try my best not to scowl at the sight of them. Although, isn't Texas relatively flat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm glad I have a treadmill for the hillwork because, you're right, Houston is pretty flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i complain about not being able to escape the hills here! *sigh*!!! way to be creative on the treadmill and get some hillwork in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hill work is so important! I try to pick hilly routes and think it really helps my training. Great way to make the treadmill more fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt