Speed on the Knee


My knee is holding up well. I fell Monday and scraped it, but I was able to run easy on it yesterday and it didn't feel too uncomfortable today when I ran to Memorial Park.

Today I warmed up, then ran a 7:56 mile and 8 x .25  mile with 1 minute rests (8:21/mile, 8:02, 8:25, 8:16, 8:32, 8:28, 7:41, 7:56). I finished with a cool-down run.

Next time, I'll try to keep my pace at 8:00/mile or better, but at least I sped up towards the end. There's just something about knowing that you're almost finished.

I stopped at a water fountain and a runner asked me about my knee and told me about his last fall over a short tree stump. The only fun thing about falling is getting to talk about it. Plus, my husband says it makes me look tough!

Links:

Always Ready to Race (Running Times) - I don't know when my next race will be, but I want to be ready.

Talking Dog YouTube Video - Makes me laugh every time.

Photo: 3 swans swimming during my run in Stavanger, Norway last March.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed the article! I try to follow that concept to some extent myself, though I certainly don't run at the level of the examples given. :) Are you not training for a marathon right now? I thought you were, given your 23 mile run. And you certainly seem primed to rock one right now, I tend not to want to run more than 16 miles unless I am within 12 weeks or so of a marathon. Last fall, when my schedule got messed up, I think I ended up with too many long run weekends and got a little burned out by the time of the Seattle Marathon. I do, however, like to run races of different distances fairly frequently! My next marathon is Portland in October, with several halfs in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT! It's such a good feeling to heat up a run without pain after an injury or pain. Glad it went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the speed work, Tina! A little bruised up, but it's not keeping you down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great running! Love the talking dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are ok after falling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hubby is funny! does he call you tough chick?!
    ok, corny, i know!
    glad you are almost healed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week