Speedwork & Hills


Today's run included speedwork - 7 x 800 meter intervals. To race fast, I need to train fast so I'm happy to get in some speedwork. It was hard, but I'm glad I did it. Besides, it makes 10 miles go by fast! It was cooler than usual, but still a little warm so I took a couple of salt tablets and I ate a vanilla GU gel, too. No cramps today. : )

Wednesday, I did hillwork on my treadmill since hills are hard to come by here in Houston. I ran 4 x 1 mile hills at a 4% incline. It was hard for me, but I'm not an experienced hill climber! Working on it! (9 miles total that day.)



I made Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies today. (I decreased the sugar from 3/4 cup to 2/3 and didn't miss it.) They were good, but my favorite oatmeal cookies have raisins and cinnamon in them so after eating one, I made some special cookies for myself with my favorite ingredients!

Photo: Taken on my run in Europe along the Dee River in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Comments

  1. great running!! speedwork is so hard but i always feel good afterward even if i'm dead beat! it's getting it done that feels great!
    mmm those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just starred this. I've got to try these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice runs! Amazing looking cookies, I'm so jealous!!

    Thanks for commenting on my post about trails. It got deleted due to blogger failures the last couple of days, but I wanted to ask you where there were good trails in the Houston area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only real trails in town that I know of are at Memorial Park. You can click on the park photo in my sidebar for a map to the "bike trails". (My friend, who's a local police officer, said I really shouldn't run there alone, though.) Harra.org lists some other places to run, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look good! We like oatmeal coconut cookies as well - they make good recovery fuel. Nice job on the speed work - you are so focused in your training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I will have to try your cookie recipe! I'm a chocolate chip fan myself, but my husband LOVES oatmeal raisin cookies (and I enjoy them as well).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your commentb on my blog! I love the look of those cookies - will definitely try them! Scotland is great for running - some beautiful natural scenery and cool temperatures. ust as long as you can avoid rain or snow...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt