From the Volcano to Waikiki


After the Kona Marathon, I was ready for some more fun. I felt great - my legs were a little sore, but I was able to walk up and down the stairs - slowly!


I wore my finisher's shirt and the shell necklace they gave us after crossing the finish line so some people stopped to talk to me about the race. The necklace is a special finishing award, but every time I see one just like it for sale at the stores for 59 cents, I laugh. ; )


At the Hawaii Volcano Park, we walked through a lava tube (a cave) and saw the red glow from the volcano.


At Punaluu black sand beach, we saw 2-3 foot long sea turtles and coconut trees.


Monday morning we left Kona airport for Oahu and drove to our Waikiki hotel. My husband and I finished the day watching surfers and boats while we shared a shave ice on the Waikiki beach.

Comments

  1. Yes, but your necklace is worth way more than 59 cents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I went to Hawaii. What a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what Karen said.

    i must do this race. did you get any coke at the water stations?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't try the Coke, but I'm glad I didn't count on drinking it. I could be wrong, but I don't think I heard it called out at every water station the way I heard the water, Ultima and ice called out as I was running up to fluid stations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the marathon and it's great you are feeling pretty good. Beautiful place to run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt