Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kona Marathon - Quick Update


I'll post all about the race later, but I had a great time! This may be my favorite marathon! My finishing time was 4:20:44 - I was hoping I could run a 10:00 average if it was warm. This is a 9:57/mi average pace. : )

Overall: 91 out of 354
Females: 24 out of 149
Age 40-49 division: 8 out of 44
No chip at this marathon.

This pic was taken just after crossing the finish line and before a dip in the water. Too fun!

Time for lunch now and a drive to the volcano!

Kona Marathon Race Recap Part 1

Kona Marathon Race Recap Part 2

11 comments:

  1. congrats!! what an amazing marathon to do (i can't wait til i 'have' to do hawaii).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good time. Did it start super early?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Tina - your heat training paid off @ Kona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear the full story :) Enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats- what an awesome time at a beautiful race- can't wait to hear more about it and see photos of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Tina! Look at you - looking all cute in your beautiful blue skirt/top ensemble - very nice! Can't wait to see all the pics and read the full report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job and congrats! Share pics of the volcano please....that is one thing I haven't seen yet. I know, shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for checking to see how the marathon went, everybody, and all the kind thoughts!

    Volcano pics should be in my next post (after two more marathon posts I just put up). Seeing the volcano - wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!