Monday, July 4, 2011

Snorkeling & Eating in Hawaii


More snorkeling today! This time we drove up to Turtle Bay Resort where there is a public beach. I saw even more fish than the last time I snorkeled - fish of all colors and shapes, even a sea animal that looked like blue silly string. The fish weren't very shy and swam close to me. It was like swimming in an aquarium!


My husband and I stopped at the Dole Plantation on the way back to Honolulu and saw these ruby red pineapples.


Time for a 4th of July parade at Waikiki Beach!


Last night, my husband and I shared 3 pancakes and only ate about 1/4 of the pancakes. Notice the size of my husband's hand compared to the pancakes! If one person eats the whole plate of pancakes in 90 minutes at the restaurant Mac 24/7, they get the pancakes free. That's one $15 savings I never want to attempt!


My favorite toppings: peanut butter sauce, bacon and bananas. The coconut syrup was very good, too.


For dinner tonight, I ate a beautiful beet and pear salad...


 And a shared macadamian nut ice cream/brownie dessert. (This was free. I've gotten two nice desserts and a salad for free with coupons.) This was a great way to end a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I have great memories of snorkeling in Hawaii (Maui)! It sounds like you found a wonderful destination marathon ... congratulations on your finish in that humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that food looks scrumptious! and those pancakes are HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to Hawaii in a few weeks. This post is getting me exited for the trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...