8 x 800 meters


Surprisingly, I had a pretty good run today - outside! Two weeks ago I was too hot to finish my 20 miler. After that, I stuck to the treadmill for hard runs.

Today I ran 10 miles with 8x800m run at 3:57, 3:58, 4:05, 4:06, 4:01, 4:20, 4:36, and 4:25 minutes. I'm okay with the slow-down - I'm focusing on effort because it's hot (the feels-like temperature rose from 83° to 88°). I'm glad I record my workouts - it helps to know that I did the same workout on the treadmill recently, but slightly faster and without a slow-down.

It was great to run outside. Knowing that I finished a hard 10 mile run outside made me feel great. That's one of the perks of running. And all I really needed for this feeling of accomplishment was a pair of running shoes.

Pre-run: bagel, banana, Gatorade, salt tab (No cramps today!)
During: Gu gel at mile 4.5, salt tabs at miles 4.5 and 7, water
Post-run: chocolate milk and more ice water than usual (Thirsty!)

Comments

  1. yay for your good run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that you should get some nice, cooler weather in Maine for your marathon. You.Will.Fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run! You had a terrific workout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, do you buy your S caps at a running store? I'm playing with salt on long runs and want to broaden out of salt packets picked up at 7-11. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought them online - probably from RunningWarehouse.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great run!
    I hope it cools down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTG bring on the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great training session Tina, run at a good pace, one to set you up nicely for your next marathon. Hope it cools down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on the 800s they are one of my least favorite workouts. I am so ready for fall and daytime temps in the 60 and 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for outside running!!

    Great set of 800's! It is hard to keep up the pace as the temps rise. It was 77 here tonight (very warm for that time of day here) and humid and I thought of you there.

    Thanks for the idea bout the race times on my tab. I am going to work on that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up