This & That


New Trail at Memorial Park Where I Run


Today I ran 13 miles on my treadmill with 10 miles at goal marathon pace. Maybe it felt like a 6-7 on a scale of 10. It was a fine run except that I wanted it to feel easier. ; )  

Today's post-run drink: Jillian Michael Whey Protein (vanilla) mixed with milk - tastes good! But when mixed with water, I don't like it. I got this for about $6.50 when I used a $3 coupon from the All You magazine sold at Walmart. (All You August Coupon List)  

Run negative splits... Liliya Shobukhova, 33, has a chance to become the first athlete to win the Bank of America Chicago Marathon three years in a row. She says, "In my training, I always try to run the second half faster than the first half."  

Build A Customized Workout Video - I easily set a workout up for myself and will try it out soon. (Must register.)  

Kind of interesting... The average male marathon finishing time is four hours and 29 minutes and the average female marathon finishing time is four hours and 59 minutes. (Source)  

Pohnpei, Micronesia, in the South Pacific, is the most humid location in the world and has a relative humidity of 90 percent in the morning and 79 in the afternoon. Houston, by comparison, has 90 percent and 62. (Source) 

I keep reading that bloggers need an About Me page so I added one at the top of my blog  - just a little running history. 

Comments

  1. I love random facts, thanks for sharing! I am going to have to check out the about you page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of that trail. You have my sympathies with your humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micronesia, huh? That helps me prepare for my 20 miler tomorrow - it's supposed to be Micronesia-astic I hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun facts! Tidbits are always useful in real life as well as Jeopardy! :)

    It will be aMaZiNg if Liliya Shobukhova can pull off three consecutive wins. She must be getting pretty familiar with the course. Ryan Hall is running Chicago too this year- with a pacer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - you are the treadmill queen! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I liked the average marathon times....but now I am going to want to be better than average. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lifeasarunningmom, I think you'll do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Houston humidity well! And I don't miss it. But the marathon isn't usually so bad....Hope that holds true this year, too.

    Thanks for putting the About page up. I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terzah, you're right, January Houston weather is usually fine, but last January it was terrible. Chances are, that won't happen two years in a row, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, by the average marathon finish times for female, you are WAY ABOVE average! :) i've been working hard at shaving off at least a half hour from my marathon finish time... hoping i can be successful this next go around...

    LOVE that new trail - it looks so soft and shaded! a blessing in houston for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Kate! I'm working on the same thing - to better my time. Hope we can both pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel like such a whimp next to you. I admire your hard work. I will be back in Houston around Oct 27-29th... probably will run along the memorial trail... maybe we can hook up and run a mile. I'll run my second or third mile at your 8th mile. :O) we should be able to run in synch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doodlegirl, yes, we'll have to run together. That would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got to see the ABOUT tab. :) I see we have a "stroller" period in common! Mine was short since it's hard to push three kids at once- too hard for ME anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt