Thursday, September 29, 2011

3 Days Until the Marathon

Race Day Outfit and Gels

By the time the Maine Marathon rolls around on October 2, I'll have run 15 1/2 miles, spread out over 4 different runs this week. (5, 4.5, 3 and 3 miles)

Yesterday I ran 4 1/2 miles with 2 miles at race pace. It was humid and 77°. On race day, it may be 45-60° with a 40% chance of rain. The only thing that bothers me about the rain is the possibility of lightning. 

I'm trying to eat at least 300 g. carbohydrates for 3 days and hoping my stomach won't rebel like it has before. If it does, I'll just go back to normal eating. Has carb loading worked for you or do you skip it? 

Marathon goals (something old, something new):

  • Run a little slower than race pace in the first 3 miles. (something new)
  • Cross the finish line smiling. 

Gotta run now - it's time for a bagel!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck in your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! Good luck and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green singlet! Good luck! Looks like you are super prepared- just enjoy the ride. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a temp difference this one will be! i'll be praying for you sun morn! and for NO lightning! look forward to reading all about your 11th marathon! 11, tina, 11! sooo awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to FLY! I didn't really worry too much about carb loading (I DID bonk in the race, but I don't think that was why). I ate plenty of carbs, but I didn't fret about ratios or down huge amounts of them. What I did do was watch out for fiber, dairy and nuts in the three days ahead of the race and that REALLY helped. Made that post-race meal taste better, too. Have a great race, Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finishing smiling....priceless :) Safe travels and happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great race on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you'll look fantastic - love the green and the blue! Good luck and have a GREAT race!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!