Sideways Bibs, Please!

Race Start on Day Before Race
I'm in Portland, Maine! I went to the expo today and picked up my bib. When you see my race pictures, don't laugh when you see me wearing my bib sideways. We're supposed to! Here's part of the email I received today:


This is going to sound like either a silly request or a practical joke, but we're making an urgent request to all participants to WEAR YOUR BIB TURNED SIDEWAYS. We've discovered a problem with the tags on the back of your bibs that could cause your tag not to be read when you cross the mats if you wear your bib the way your normally would. 


Tomorrow we're all going to look funny, but at least we'll all look funny together! ; )


Hill on the Race Route
My husband and I drove the race route today. I'm glad we did. It took away some of the unknown about race day. I  like seeing the different styles of houses, the woods and the water, too.  I'm afraid of the hills, though. ; )


Carb loading went okay. I was able to eat at least 300 grams of carbs for 3 days - that's more than usual and I wasn't sure I could do it. I hope it helps.


Tomorrow is the day of the Maine Marathon! It will be hard, but it's supposed to be. Can't wait! 

Comments

  1. Good luck tomorrow - rock that sideways bib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I <3 Maine and hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a SUPER race Tina!! You are a STAR. Looking forward to the crazy bib photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I look forward to hearing about it and seeing pictures of the bibs sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, that email is hilarious!
    Hopefully they record your time!
    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you, and welcome to the Northeast :) Can't wait to see the sideways bibs. That's pretty funny.

    Have a great run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see those sideways-bib pictures! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sideways bib ... huh??? Best wishes at the race, you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the weather is okay. Good luck. I'll tell you about my experience at that marathon later. By now I think you're at the start. I think it starts early, right? I hope you do well and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great race, Tina! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, Tina! Hope you had a great race! I thought of you while I ran mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt