Apple No-Bake Cookie Recipe




I've had a little extra time, since I've needed to rest my sore ankle the last few days, so I played around in the kitchen and made these copy-cat Apple Pie Larabars - my favorite flavor of the Larabars. These are really good, but they're sticky. (Update: After chilling, they aren't as sticky.) I found the base for this and many more flavors at Enlightened Cooking.


1/4 cup dates (about 7 dates)
1/3 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons raisins
1/4 cup apples
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Using a food processor, puree dates, walnuts and raisins. Chop the apples into small pieces in the processor. Stir in cinnamon. Roll into balls. (I made 6 two inch cookies.) Refrigerate.


I saw a recipe for bagels and a yummy sounding apple tart in Cooking Light. Since I've been running less, I've been baking more which has been fun (but I still miss running). I tried to run this week, but ended up walking home because my ankle hurt (maybe from too many miles or twisting my ankle on the trail?). On the way home, a neighbor gave me a pumpkin which now decorates my porch for Thanksgiving. That's when I'll be making pumpkin pie. Yum!  

Comments

  1. THis sounds yummmy! I bet a little intant oatmeal might cut the stickiness too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raina, adding oats is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great Tina! Think you could carry them along on a run for fuel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, HappyTrails, I hadn't thought of that, another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum! these look and sound great :) will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look really good, will have to test them out myself :). Hope the ankle heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and congratulating me on my first half! Glad to have found your blog!

    I'd love to run the Kona Marathon. Will you run it again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we returned I'd pick a new island to visit, maybe Maui, and run the marathon there - I like visiting new places. I hope you make it to Kona soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look super yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies sound good. Sunset magazine had a recipe for fruit and nut breakfast bars that you might like (not no-bake). http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fruit-and-nut-breakfast-bars-10000001694235/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bars look good! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt