Friday, November 25, 2011

Zion Day 2

Grafton Ghost Town, Utah
This was a very good day, a very good day indeed!


I began my morning with a 5 mile run starting up the hill behind the B&B where we're staying just outside of Zion National Park. I saw two deer up close! Later on, we saw two foxes and more deer. 


We drove to Grafton Ghost Town, a few miles from Zion and 150 years old, with a handful of buildings to look around. 

Grafton Barn
View from Grafton

View on the Hike
After a short trip into St. George for lunch and unplanned outlet shopping, we hiked up to Upper Emerald Pool, a 3 mile hike, I think. 


The pool was clear enough to see to the bottom. 


We walked under the water spilling off the boulders and got sprinkled on and finished the day with some soup and salad at the Zion Lodge restaurant. I can't believe how many stars you can see in the sky here - amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really want to go there someday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i bet the skies really are lit up with stars - away from city lights - how nice!!! loved all of these pics. it's fun to see how different the west is from the south or east...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...