Garden of the Gods


Fun = being in the snowy mountains, holding up the Balanced Rock.


  I made a superquick trip to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs (an hour south of Denver by car) for a fun little vacation. United Airlines bumped both my husband and I up to first class, thanks to lots of mileage points! Hello, big leather cushy seats!


I don't see a lot of deer so when I do, I take pictures. 22 pictures isn't too many, is it?! 


We walked to the top of a mountain where we saw a runner just as I was thinking that it would be hard to run on the snowy, muddy trail. She ran off and left us in the dust, or mud, really. From the top, we could see the road (about the middle of the next photo) where our hike ended. 


Today I ran 9 miles with 5 miles at about marathon pace at Memorial Park in Houston. Great run! It seems like there are more runners outside lately. Maybe everyone else is preparing for the Houston Marathon, too, or getting an early start on their resolutions. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful hiking area! The deer practically live in our yard, but we still take lots of pics. I love 'em!
    Barbara
    My Running Shortz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought i was looking at the Happy Trails blog for a moment. fun! hope you had a very merry Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know there's a great 10-mile race at Garden of the Gods in June? It's on my bucket list! I was actually signed up for it when I found out I was pregnant six years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - BIG TIME chastisement for you - You guys didn't even tell us you were here or going to be here!!!! :-( G of G is 4 miles south of our house and our stomping ground!!! I just boo-hooed through a box of kleenex that we missed out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Colorado was good to you! If you're ever in this neck of the woods give me a holler - got lots of inspiring places to have a wonderful run!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 22 sounds like the perfect amount of photos for deer! I'm that way with squirrels...even though I see plenty of them daily!
    Garden of the Gods sure looks even prettier in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, we always take way to many deer pics.

    Just found out today, i will be in Houston for the marathon. Im going to meet a friend at mile 16 ish & hope to pace her to sub 4:00. I may run the 5k. Do you know what time the 5k and marathon start times will be? I couldn't find it on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Feet 26.2, that's great! Hope I run into you! I think the marathon starts at 7 and 7:10, depending on your wave, and the 5K starts at 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember visiting that place years ago. It is stunningly beautiful but now that I look at your pics with snow contrasting with red rocks, I want to go again. Now.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a kick out of seeing Garden of the Gods in the snow. I remember being there as a kid and loved it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely clear pictures of what like a wonderful place to be. Wish I could have shared it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You are STRONG!! :) what beautiful photos. Hard running, though!
    Deer make great photo subjects and they don't mind the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the photos!!! i bet it was even more gorgeous than what we can see here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week