11 Miles & One '11 Memory

I ran 11 miles today. I was hungry early into the run, in the third mile. That's unusual, but I only ate a Powerbar and a banana beforehand and I went to bed slightly hungry last night. So I went ahead and ate my very last mint chocolate gel (sniff, sniff). That's my favorite GU gel!

I ran home to get my dog for the last 5 miles and ran a marathon paced mile for the 10th mile. I didn't eat another gel or drink extra water on this hot day which might have something to do with a side ache in the last mile. After a short walk, the side ache went away. Average pace for 11 miles: 10:00.

Smile!
There's a very slight chance that we may go to Norway and Scotland like we did in March of '11. My husband needed to work there and I went along for fun. (See my Travel Page for posts and photos.)

On one of my walks in Aberdeen, I stopped to take a picture of the flowers. An elderly man stopped to offer to take a picture of me and the flowers. I gave him my camera and smiled. And I smiled. And I smiled! He had a little trouble with my camera and kept taking pictures until he was satisfied with one. Most of the photos looked like this one, but it's a fun travel memory!

I ran 2097 mostly fun-filled miles in 2011. Not every run is perfect, but most are good ones, so it's been fun! Some of the miles have been in training for the Houston Marathon which is getting closer! January 15 predicted weather is 47-60° & sunny. I'd like it a little cooler, but that's not bad!

Comments

  1. How funny about the old guy :) I often have to take a zillion photos because the autofocus does something other than what i am going for on the digital camera.

    Nice running! Hope you can restock on the beloved gu flavors before your race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip in Norway again. I remember the the postings from the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On picture taking, I'm the slowest! Or that's what I hear from my photo subjects who can talk, anyway!

    It's just a slight chance for the trip, but it's fun to hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful and so is your smile! I would love to go to Norway, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina you sound so ready for the marathon! Love the picture and what a fun memory it makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the photo, that is just so great! Enjoy Norway (I've never been).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are beautiful. You are cranking out the miles! I was happy to hit 1K miles this year..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely day! I love crocuses (makes me think of spring). Houston weather projection low mid 30s, high mid 60s - OK anything can change in 10 days but so far looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30's would be even better than 47 degrees! The crazy weather watching for race day has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have soooo enjoyed reading your blog stories. You run so much...talk to me about injury. Have you had to battle it much? I'm so discouraged with mine right now. It's been since October and I'm still struggling.

    Samantha @ the more i run dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you're sidelined from running. Every once in awhile I have some pain that comes up, but it usually goes away after awhile and I get back to running fairly soon. One thing I try to do is to stop when I hurt rather than run through it if the pain doesn't seem to be easing up after a bit. Hope you're back at it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to avoid the weather predictions for now, but that sure sounds good!

    I would love to run in Scotland--fingers crossed the trip happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 11 miles! Great run :) Hey, chocolate mint GUs are my favourites, too!

    ❀Barbara❀
    My Running Shortz

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great opportunities to experience other countries! Wishing you cooler weather for Houston :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful trip to Norway. I went there once and fell in love with the country and the people.
    I will have to try chocolate mint GU.

    ReplyDelete
  16. super mileage for 2011, and great things ahead for you in 2012 starting this wknd....

    I agree colder is better, but you are strong and it should be a great day. Our flight arrives in Houston, Fri at 2:30 then we get a car and head to the expo. (I'm traveling w/ my friend Terri who is trying for sub 4:00) Should be a fantastic weekend, and I look forward to cheering for you and Terri. Good Luck Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Ginny, for the confidence boost! I'm becoming a little nervous now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahah, that picture the man took of you cracks me up!!! that's how my mom takes pictures from time to time! haha!

    WOW!!! 2097 miles!!!! TINA - that is FANTASTIC!!! Great work - and injury free!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up