Olympic Trials



Today I walked over to the marathon and was so excited when I saw these three ladies who ran on to win the race. This is the 14 mile point at Shepherd & Memorial Drive.



Here are the lead men, in the 22nd mile, looking strong. 

I've upped my carbs about 100 grams a day to 300 on Thursday, Friday and I'm working on the same for today: oats for breakfast, spaghetti for lunch. I read here that increasing carbs might be helpful and probably won't hurt.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow! My Houston marathon bib # is 7369 and I think I'll wear a turquoise top and black skirt.

Comments

  1. What a GREAT morning!!! I got some pretty exciting video from the finish line (karmic gifts for volunteering, I guess). Have a fabulous run tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the top runners. It is interesting how much "bigger" Kara Goucher is than Shalane and Desiree. Did it look like that in person??? Ahhh, I think a skirt is a fast and wise apparel choice. :-) Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kara really was taller. We noticed that Ryan seemed tall, too.

    Thanks, all, for all of your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you, Tina!! Sounds like your carb loading has been right on. You will fly tomorrow! And yes, the Trials....SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the up close and personal pics!

    Good luck tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that was so exciting to watch! And what inspiration for tomorrow's race! Good luck, have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be looking for you online, Tina! Great shot of the three! Kara must be about my height...Desi is a little thing. Didn't realize Shalane is too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and good luck tomorrow!

    Barbara
    My Running Shortz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I just checked your results, congratulations on making it sub 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some great pics! What an exciting race and what a neat experience to see so many of my faves race! Kara, Shalane, Jen Rhines, DEENA KASTOR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt