Peanut Butter Cookie Dough & Running, Too


The other night, I was going to make cookie bars, but since I like the dough so much, before adding the egg, I decided to just eat the dough. Yum!

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Recipe:

Melt 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used HEB store brand, this is not a special peanut butter - just a personal note) in a pot. Remove from the heat; add 3/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. I sprinkled mine with uncooked oats to make it taste even better.

Recent Workouts: 
Friday- Strength/weight training.
Thursday- 15 miles on one Gu gel (mi.8), 2 S-caps, 4 dried apricots. I was tired in the second half (probably because I ran fast yesterday and was a little low on fuel today) and bribed myself with the reward of eating cookie dough as soon as I finished. Although I didn't actually run into the house and grab the cookie dough, this was definitely a cookie dough eating day. Time: about 2 1/2 hours.
Wednesday- 7 miles with some speed. Strength/weight training.
Tuesday- 6 easy miles. Ran with a friend at the park for a bit who told me about a good place to train on hills nearby.
Monday- 7 miles: some trails, some treadmill hills. Strength/weight training.
Saturday- 5 easy miles. Strength/weight training.
This week- 40 miles run & 4 strength/weight training sessions

I hope you have a great day!

Comments

  1. The cookie dough looks and sounds delicious - yummy! I think I'd eat it raw, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice week! My week was an adventurous one w/ travel, but not so successful in my running miles. Glad to be home to get back into some routine again. Heading out for 15 as part of my crazy re-taper this weekend :)

    Does your pup love the peanut butter cookie dough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she does like peanut butter!

      Delete
  3. Great job with your workouts and running this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cookie dough looks great. Never thought of eating it before the egg was added. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for another recipe :)

    any upcoming races in mind for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No races on the calendar yet, but I'm building up my miles just in case something comes up.

      Delete
  6. Lol! Well at least you can say in all honesty: 'No I did not eat the cookies!'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great week of training! Cookie dough looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nom, you earned that cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt