20 Mile Treadmill Run

Video Watching on the Treadmill
I tried to run 12 miles outside Wednesday, but I could only run 10. I had no energy so I ran home and I couldn't even muster the energy to finish on the treadmill. It's probably because of the heat, humidity and bad air quality we've had lately. 

But today was different... Today I ran on the treadmill. I watched an old black and white mystery movie and and a chocolate cooking show while I ran with the fan and air conditioner cooling me off. I ran progressively faster as I went along and ended up finishing in just under 190 minutes (9:30/mi total ave). Seeing that I was able to speed up in the later miles was fun.

This run wasn't easy, but it was the best run I've had all week (and the longest). I don't feel nearly as tired as I did after my other shorter runs outside. I'm really glad that I have a treadmill so that I can run through the hot summer and be ready for a fall race - if I find one to run!

Pre-run: raisin toast and a banana
During: Gatorade and raisins

Comments

  1. i cannot even begin to fathom running that far on a treadmill! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I groaned when I read the title yet truly my recent best runs have been on the treadmill - but much much shorter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run on the treadmill! I love running and watching a movie at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a long time to run on a treadmill. I'm super impressed. Glad to hear you had a great run :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    My Running Shortz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...the wonderful "dreadmill"...i have to say, that i actually miss my treadmill at home. The boys "accidently" broke it and we haven't had one in over a year...not that I am running right now...but nonetheless...it is nice to have one on hot, humid, rainy, cold or snowy days indeed!!!

    Way to go and way to kill the time with watching pleasent shows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! You are amazing! I can barely handle 4 miles on the treadmill! :) Awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, it's hard to do those long distances on the dreadmill (any distance for that matter), so you did great! I've only ever managed 18 and it was rough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20 miles on the tread - wow!!! I could have only done that with an old b&w movie too! But I do know the heat and HUMIDITY is worse in Houston. SO hard to run in it! Let me know what fall race you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up