15 Miles on the Treadmill

Mizuno Ascend 6

New trail running shoes arrived at my door yesterday so I tried them out for half of my 15 mile run on the treadmill today. I like to try out new shoes on the treadmill in case there's a problem and I need to return them. No problems with my shoes, but finishing the run wasn't easy. I usually take a day off before my long run day, but not this time.I should have thought of that during the run - at least I would have felt better about feeling tired. I'm really glad I hung on to the end, though - now!

My comfortable new shoes are Mizuno Ascend 6 and only cost $63. I used the code, GottaRunNow, to save 10% at Running Warehouse. I wanted to let you know about the savings code in case it's time for some new shoes for you, too. Isn't it always?!

Here are the number of miles I've run this week: 11, 8, 10, 7, 15, (6 tomorrow, hopefully) = 57. That's why it's always time for new running shoes!

I'm not sure whether I'll be trail racing this fall or not, but I am registered for the Houston Marathon, held on January 13. The training continues...

New Shoe Note: Unfortunately, the Mizuno Wave Ascend 6 shoes are not comfortable for me to run in outside. They felt fine on the treadmill, but when I ran with them outside, I noticed how little cushioning they had in the sole. Because of this, I'll probably only wear them for short runs and won't buy this model again. Here's a positive, detailed review of the Wave Ascend 7 shoe, in case you're interested in them.

Comments

  1. Pretty shoes! Love the color. Finding cheap shoes that feel great when you run in them is always a great accomplishment. I'm running 50-60 mile weeks and I always feel like I'm buying new shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week of training and love the new shoes. Glad they are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mileage for the week. Cool new shoes. I was thinking of you this morning when I was doing my short 7 mile run on the treadmill, I just knew you would be pounding out some serious miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, new shoes!!! New shoes are always a nice. Glad these treated you so nicely on their first outing.

    I picked up a new little devotional you might like - it's called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It has an entry for every day of the year. The entries are short and conclude with scripture references. Each entry is written as if Jesus is speaking to the reader. I am really liking it so far. I got mine at Costco for $7.50ish but saw it advertised in Family Christian Stores ad flyer, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Love the new shoes & I'll be needing new ones soon...so I'll check out the code & website. Thanks for the tip. Also, I LOVE the book that Happy Trails above recommended by Sarah Young. It's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shoes! And amazing you did 15 miles on the treadmill!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying shoes on the treadmill first......... Smart move!!!! Running on the treadmill for 15 miles....... Crazy person!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed at the mileage you put yourself through when you're not even signed up for a race. I do not have this kind of motivation, stamina or even time. Especially during summer!
    Yeah for new shoes. Pretty smart to try them out on a treadmill too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt