10 Mile Run


After I ran through Memorial Park this morning, I ran back home to pick up my dog so we could run through the neighborhood together. I like to look at the yards for inspiration. I took a picture of those pretty flowers in the top photo because I may like to do something like that in my yard someday.

I ran 10 miles today and of course, it was hot and humid. It was okay, though. I think that's because I'm treating 10 miles like oh, at least a 15 miler. In other words, when it's this hot, prepare!

And I was prepared... I wore my Nathan hydration belt and brought 20 ounces total of Nuun and flat Coke (1/2 Coke, 1/2 H2O in a bottle), Smarties tart candies and even pretzels, too. The Coke and candy were new for me and worked great. (You can read more about drinking soda on the run at the Nutrition Success blog.I refilled my bottles with water along the way. This heat can sometimes zap me, but not today.

Comments

  1. I don't know how you do it in the Texas heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I ran on the treadmill today!

      Delete
  2. You are smart to think of it as a longer distance. I tend not to do that in hot weather and it can get me in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always remember to do that, but planning ahead helps!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to try some new food and a drink.

      Delete
  4. Tina, Thanks for visiting my blog. I am definitely adding you to my must read list after I saw that you like to bake banana bread and cookies...we must be twins separated at birth because those are by far my 2 favorite things to make, and I bake at least a couple times a week!

    Interesting info on the drinking soda during runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And tomorrow I've got brownie baking planned!

      Delete
  5. I like to steal landscape ideas too! Nice run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running and getting yard ideas, too - fun multi-tasking!

      Delete
  6. At about mile 19, at an aid station, I told a lady who was running it that my stomach was feeling queasy. She told me to try some coke and that it would make me burp a little and feel better. She was right! I tried salt tablets too for the first time. Had to take 3 (1 at each of the last 3 stations) to make sure I stayed hydrated since it was hot and I sweated like never before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine running a hot 50K like you did. So impressive!

      Delete
    2. I agree! Go Kate!

      Delete
  7. i love a coke and banana together after a run. never thought of doing one during a run. chocolate milk is still my first post run drink i grab though. jelly bellies is my new favorite double digit run snack on the run. they are replacing red vines.

    love that landscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost took red licorice instead of the smarties on this run!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up