10 Mile Treadmill/Outside Run

Palo Duro Canyon Vacation in June

It's hot outside so today, I started my run inside. I ran 6 miles on my treadmill. After a three mile warm-up and a stop for raisins and water, I increased the pace, sometimes after 1/4 mile, sometimes after 1/2 mile, and then went back down to a slower pace and worked back up again. When I was finished on the treadmill, I ate some more raisins, drank some more water and headed outside for 4 more miles.

My legs felt surprisingly light so I tried to keep my speed up outside. Except for my cool down mile, each mile was faster than the previous one. Yesterday's outside 8 mile run was harder to finish than today's run even though I ran faster and farther today. Fun run today!

Pre-run: I've been running without eating first. Works fine for me.

Comments

  1. Crazy hot this summer! I keep reminding myself of running in -5 degrees with ice and try to keep positive - but ugh! Yes, the treadmill has become a necessary friend this year!
    Glad your 10 miles went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a smart strategy to me! After my trip to hot humid Missouri last week, my hat's off to those of you who run in weather like that all the time. It does make you stronger, but it's hard to tell until you get a temperature/humidity break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a smart idea to split the run and do inside/outside. Some are sticking with the treadmill during this heat and it's just not the same as running outside. Glad you had a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great run --powered by raisins!
    You can keep the heat there, thankyouverymuch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to mix treadmill and outside running!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea to get your mileage without having to log the entire run on the treadmill or outdoors in the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt