Gotta Run 22 Miles

My  Bumper Sticker Says It All


I ran outside as far as possible - 9.7 miles. Back at home, I cooled off with a peach popsicle and hopped on my treadmill. There was some good and there was some bad to my 22 mile run...

The bad:

  • 80* and 90% humidity at the start
  • 87* with 100* "Feels Like Temperature" at the end
  • Stomach ache from mile 8 and on (maybe from the heat)
  • It became more of a run/walk
  • So it took forever 
  • An unleashed big, muddy (friendly) dog jumped up on me

The good:

  • Dog owners who leash their untrained, friendly dogs
  • Sometimes I can run through stomach pain
  • Some trail running (I ran in Memorial Park, as usual) 
  • I finished my 22 mile run 
  • My next long run has got to be better!

Next time, I'll start on the treadmill because the heat wore me out. Why am I doing long runs when my next planned marathon isn't until January? I like to run - most days! Here's hoping that your next run goes more smoothly than mine did and that you complete your running goals, too!

Comments

  1. Running in the humidity like that always kills me! Kudos to you for fighting through it and finishing!!! I'm certain your next will be much better...especially if the weather plays nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it helps to know others have trouble in the humidity, too!

      Delete
  2. That peach popsicle probably hit the spot after your outdoor run.
    I wish I could see the outdoor park you run in first hand- though I can do without unleashed dogs!
    You did it- 22. And sometimes that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This park is pretty nice for being in the middle of the 4th largest city in the US, but I know you have much prettier parks in the Northwest!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Nancy - humidity just feels like you have to work that much harder.

    But you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A peach popsicle sounds great! That is a long ways in the heat and humidity. You are rugged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you run through snow and that's gotta be tough. I've done it before - once in a blue moon, but day after day would be rough!

      Delete
  5. Humidity is tough to run in. Great job!
    I hope your next run is a good one w/no jumping dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, we'll both have a better running week next week!

      Delete
  6. I'm impressed you can push through 22 miles even though your marathon is in January! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's crazy that it's still so hot outside. Way to go getting the super long run done by being flexible. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always amaze me with the way you persevere and your fortitude enduring the heat and humidity on ALL of your runs, whether they are long or short! We highly dislike it when dog owners allow their dogs to run wild, unleashed, whether friendly or not. We were both chased and nipped at, on a trail in the middle of nowhere in the mountains this weekend, and the dog owners were very nonchalant about it. No fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dog story is even worse than mine - nipped and in the middle of nowhere!

      This dog owner just smiled at me after her first dog jumped on me while her second loose dog came bounding towards me. And I was wearing a skirt I like! At least the mud came out and my leg only hurt for a couple of minutes!

      Delete
  9. i totally understand! i'm over the humidity and am looking forward to a small break a few days next week. :) it's tough. slows the pace. and makes us tired! dog runs so to say! hope you recovered fast :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up