Green Smoothie & Fuel Belt


I heard an ultrarunner say that he doesn't lift weights, but that instead he uses his arms when he runs rather than just let them hang. When I finished running, I noticed tired arms today, and everything else was kind of tired, too, partly because it was warm today - humid and 70-80*. I finished today's 12.5 mile run with a green smoothie. So far, my favorite green combo is yogurt, spinach, frozen banana and canned pineapple chunks (the juice, too). The pineapple is required!

I have a new new hydration belt - the BCG brand fuel belt from Academy ($18). My requirements for belts: no bounce and a big pocket - my phone is 5" x 2.5". I took out the small 8 oz. bottles the belt came with and used my 10 oz. Nathan bottles instead. The belt was too long so I knotted it on the waist band to shorten it. Other than that, it works! (This doesn't beat my Nathan fuel belt, but I needed a 2 bottle belt.)

BCG Fuel Belt
Recently, I tried an Ultimate Direction Access single water bottle belt, but it bounced. I had to tighten it until it hurt to make it not bounce. Also, I disliked the unique water valve, which required a little more time to get a drink. It only meant a couple of seconds more, but when I'm thirsty, I want my water now!

Comments

  1. That smoothie sounds delicious. I will need to get some pineapple and try it out. I gave up trying to find a belt that can hold my bottles that won't bounce, instead I switched to a handheld, which isn't ideal, but works for now. Maybe I'll try out the BCG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the arms. I've been trying to pay attention to mine more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might need to look into that fuel belt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I'm not sure if you've ever run marathons back to back, but I'm running one two weeks apart. Not sure how running/rest should look during those two weeks? Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done that before, but you might want to keep in some speed, but in shorter lengths than you have previously. Just a thought!

      Delete
  5. My favorite 2 bottle belt is the Nathan 2R auto-cant waist pack. The belt has a little stretch and does not bounce or move. I ordered it from Amazon and every one of my running friends has converted to it. I hope yours works out well but if not, give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a 4 bottle Nathan belt, too. The Academy belt was cheaper, but the Nathan belt is my favorite. You're right, the Nathan belt doesn't bounce and it's easy to adjust, too.

      Delete
  6. i'll have to look at that next time i go to academy. it looks great! i have that size phone too and it can be challenging finding a way to bring it along sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried Nathan's hydration vest? I really like it on my long runs. It holds a lot of fluid and also has many pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I know that I like pockets!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt