Running at the Park/Quinoa


This is part of my usual running route at Memorial Park with some pretty purple wild flowers. This was taken on a quiet, rainy day.

Monday I ran 12 miles and ate 2 yummy Gu gels - peanut butter and chocolate outrage. The next day I ran 8 easy miles. My dog joined me for 2. Today I ran 10 with 6 faster miles. Although I usually run alone, there are usually lots of runners at the park. The other day, I tried to keep up with some Army runners who were doing a timed test. All three runners passed me, but I was able to keep one in sight. He looked like he was doing an easy run, but I was not! When I'm trying to run fast, it helps to try to keep up with the speedsters!

Quinoa Salad

This is a salad I ate at America's this week. It was so good that I had to take a picture of it so that I would remember how to make it. On a bed of mixed greens was quinoa, grilled chicken, red peppers, tomatoes, pineapple, papaya, cheese and lemon vinaigrette. You could easily make something similar and just use what you happen to have on hand for a good and healthy meal. In fact, maybe I should make some of that right now!

Comments

  1. That salad sounds fantastic! I love quinoa. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I like it, too. It's much faster to make than brown rice (about 15 min. vs. 45 min. cooking time) and is nutritious, too. I wish the cost was comparable to brown rice, though.

      Delete
  2. A popular bike path that I run on has an elite women's Chinese team training there a bunch. I always laugh because their slow runs are even too fast for me!

    That quinoa salad looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me the other day trying to keep up with the fast bikers. It upped my pace for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love quinoa salads.

    ❀Barbara❀
    My Running Shortz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I can find runners a little ahead of me to give me motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been making porridge put of quinoa since I found the recipe in Scott Juerek's book, Eat and Run. Um, delicious! It has ousted oatmeal as my morning go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good Tina! I don't know about pineapple and tomato together though :) . What type of cheese did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if the pineapple and tomato don't touch?;) Feta cheese.

      Delete
  8. That looks like a beautiful place to run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt