Treadmill: 24 Mile Run

My Treadmill with Utah on the Screen

Today I ran 24 miles on my treadmill. It's still too hot to do a long run outside. The nice thing about being at home is that you can stop whenever you want. After eating raisins and pretzels for the first half of my run, I felt myself dragging just a bit and went into the kitchen to get a blackberry Gu gel. Then at mile 17, it felt like my toe nail was hitting the front of my shoe so I took a toe nail trimming break to take care of that.

I'm surprised at how little I ate today- one gel, 1/4 cup raisins, a handful or two of pretzels and a cup of Nuun. I figure that's about as many calories as 3 gels and is equivalent to a gel every 8 miles. Usually, I like to take a gel every 5 miles. Also, I didn't go heavier than usual on the carbohydrates in the days before this run.

It was a long, easy-paced run (9:52 average pace) and in order to do it without becoming bored out of my mind, I watched Youtube: travel shows on how to pack lightly, visiting Paris and Utah and the movie based on Jane Austen's Persuasion. I liked the part where the main character was running to catch up to someone. Thinking "Run, Anne, run!" gave me a little more energy in the 24th mile.

I think that 24 miles is the most I've run during training, but this isn't the first time I've run 24 in training. The more long runs that I do, the less intimidating they are - just as I had hoped!

Comments

  1. WOW! Tina, I'm always so impressed with how much mileage you maintain. I noticed the temps seemed to bounce right back up after the "cool" front we had move in earlier in the week...sigh. I struggled through my last run because of it. Are you planning any races soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying not to be unhappy that it's hot again, but just to be glad that we had a 2-3 day break from the heat. ; ) It was like being on vacation!

      No races coming up until January as far as I know, but that could always change!

      Delete
  2. I loved your dashing off for GU or toe nail clippers :) Nice work on that treadmill. I'm facing 24 miles tomorrow and thankful for the roads - just hoping our humidity is truly lessening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some perks to staying in! Ha! That's a loooooong way to run indoors though. Wow.
    I love pretzels too. Never had blackberry gu. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic TM run...you amaze me on that thing! What I like about the treadmill, there's always a flush toilet nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, That is just amazing! Geez, I ran a beautiful 13 miles outside this morning and I was so impressed with myself. I cannot imagine running another 11 more miles on top of that, especially on a treadmill! I am very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 miles is a fun length because it's practically a half marathon! Yes, impressive!

      Delete
  6. Wow! That is amazing! I do like the convenience of running on the treadmill, but it gets so boring even with tv. You did it, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl! you are a rock star! Great job- the weather teased us a bit with a few cool days, but it was gone by my long run day :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Tina, that's an awful long way to run on a treadmill and quite beyond my limited capabilities. Very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my hero. 24 Treadmill miles is simply inspiring. I think of you all the time when I'm doing my treadmill runs. :) Although I think 12 or 13 is my treadmill record!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I will keep this in mind when I'm struggling to do 5 miles on the treadmill this winter. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. just wow!! how?! haha!! i'm dying after 4 miles on the treadmill! i just feel like i'm going to fall off! that's just awesome tina!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week