Donuts at Memorial Park

Krispy Kreme Visits Memorial Park

You never know what a day will bring! Like I do almost every day, I was running the three mile loop at Memorial Park when I saw something I've never seen before - a Krispy Kreme donut bus. Was I dreaming? I haven't had a Krispy Kreme donut since I visited Paddington Station in London over a year ago. Unbelievably, we don't have a store in Houston.

I stopped to find out that Krispy Kreme is on a 75th birthday tour and was giving away free donuts. I ran around the loop a couple more times and then I stopped for a donut and some Krispy Kreme lip balm, too.

I stood there eating my donut and wondering if I should ask someone to take my photo so that I could put it on my blog. That's when a Houston Chronicle photographer, Johnny Hanson, asked if he could take my picture and even took a picture of me with my camera for my blog. Note: looks like I didn't make the paper, but that's okay.

After eating the donut, I ran 2 more miles. In case you're wondering about mixing running and donuts, I felt fine. Actually, this is the second time I've eaten a donut and run a couple more miles. The first time was after a 10K race. Maybe I'll start packing donuts instead of energy gels!

Comments

  1. I would say donuts are perfect running fuel! Although I have never tried. But must confess, I really do love your Shipley donuts much better than Krispy Kreme!

    P.S. And now I am totally craving a Shipley's long john!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a run I could do for sure...love donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see that bus when I was out running. No KK around here either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! My friend & I stopped mid marathon a few years ago in a Dunkin Donuts- she got 2 & ate them both. For the record, she only recommends eating one at a time during the race ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny! After the run, I started thinking that I kind of missed out since I didn't stop for a donut every time I passed them!

      Delete
  5. That's a bonus! I find on my long runs I do much better eating "normal food" rather than gels and other energy goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of real food, here are some that have worked for me: raisins, dates, pretzels and Coke.

      Delete
  6. A little glimpse of running heaven - a run combined with a Krispy Kreme!!! I have run on a Krispy Kreme once or twice and it seemed to work just fine. A half dozen Krispy Kremes - well, that probably wouldn't work so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to find Krispy Kreme donuts in your neck of the woods, near Garden of the Gods (Colorado Springs), at a small market/gas station.

      Delete
  7. That is too good to be true!! Seeing a donut truck on your run and FREE donuts? That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt