Lemm's 5K Race

Race Start Line: I'm Beneath the Sign

 What a great morning! I ran in a 5K race. It took place at a small park north of Houston. Yesterday it was warm, but today we had great racing weather. It was chilly at the start - about 50*. 

Waving to my Husband

I thought I might look at my watch every now and then, but I was so busy looking where I was going that I only had time to check it once. It didn't matter, though - I just ran at a hard effort the entire way. 

About 2/3 into the Race

My husband was my "race photographer". It was great to see him and to hear him cheer me forward when I wanted to stop.  I loved the big trees and the lakes. There were a few short hills, which made it more fun than a flat course, and we ran on asphalt and gravel trails.

Finish Line
After the race,  they gave us oranges and cookies and, surprisingly, even avocados. I've never been given avocados at a race before. That was great! 

5K Chip Time: 24:53

Garmin:
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary24:59.53.167:55
18:02.21.008:02
27:53.21.007:53
37:49.61.007:50
41:14.60.167:56

Comments

  1. Nice run! It's great to do a 5K once in awhile in between all of the longer distances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be finished with a race in such a short amount of time compared to the marathon.

      Delete
  2. Awesome result, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking course! The park almost looks like it could be a golf course :) . 50's is perfect racing weather.

    How interesting that there were avocados post-race! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much prettier than any of the road races here in Houston. The avocados made great guacomole!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a BEAUTIFUL area! Glad you were able to enjoy the day all the way around - a fun (and quick!) race, shared with Eric, completed by refreshing food - nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to start the weekend!

      Delete
  5. Good time. It sounds like perfect temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to run and not to get sweaty for a change!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on a string 5k! Nice negative splitting. I love oranges during and after a race, so refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't check my splits until today (the day after the race) and was happy to see those negative splits.

      Delete
  7. i love us southern people saying it was chilly at 50 :) hehe. It was 65 in miami this morning and my husband looked like we had moved to alaska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I nearly pulled out my winter coat this weekend! ; )

      Delete
  8. Great race, and it looks so beautiful there. I like the avocados, a little quirky, but cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the avocados, especially since they're good for you.

      Delete
  9. What a great race. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to run a 5K. I haven't run one in ages!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on finishing the 5K and having such an awesome race time! And I love that they gave you avocados afterward - that would certainly help motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO awesome!!! So fast - awesome time!! How fun they had avocados! I make it a point to have some avocado at some point soon after a long run. I know it's so good for the joints! A runners food indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week