Running This Week

"Breakfast Cookies"

Monday was so nice in Houston. I ran in 55 degree weather! I ran about 13 1/2 miles. I ran the middle 10 miles at a hard effort.

Tuesday was an easy 7 1/2 mile day.

Wednesday, I was dripping sweat like normal again - 70*. I ran 11 miles with a 2400m hard effort and 10 x .15mi with 1 minute rests which broke up what might have otherwise been a boring run and taught my legs to run while tired - very tired! Since it was warm, I thought that short spurts would be more doable than longer ones.

Friday, I ran 16 miles. It was about 80* and warm so I broke up my run with short, hard efforts again. This time I ran 6 easy miles, 5 miles of 1 minute hard/1 minute easy, 1 mile easy, 2 miles hard, 1 miles easy. I had  a berry Powerbar gel w/caffeine at mile 11 and drank 40 oz. Gatorade.

Today, I ran 7 miles nice and easy. The easy runs are nice if you've run hard recently.

Comments

  1. Great running week!!! We had our first 40F run this morning and I love it, fall has finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man it is STILL hot there! Good thing you know how to fuel :) The breakfast cookies look a lot like the ones I make. We must have similar tastes --cookies are good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat them all of the time - not just breakfast!

      Delete
  3. Great workouts! I was loving that cool front...hope it comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! And I wouldn't mind if it stuck around this time!

      Delete
  4. That's a good week of training. You gotta feel good about that. I bet those good lookin' breakfast cookies helped you keep your energy up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. I know what you mean about the weather. We had a few cool/dry days in Pensacola, but they were just a tease. Back to 80 and humid today, which made for a glorious long run. (Sarcasm intended.) ;)

    Great work on your runs this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping we get a couple of cooler days this week.

      Delete
  6. Great week of training in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's cooler this afternoon and I'm really hoping for a break tomorrow!

      Delete
  7. Those breakfast cookies look yummy. Nice running with the quick pick ups during your runs. I need to mix some of that into my runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's fun to try... And tiring, too, which is good!

      Delete
    2. those look like the delish no bake cookies! i may have to make some NOW! ;)
      great running tina! i know you're gonna nail that BQ!!! you are working so hard at it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt