20 Mile Run

I went ahead and ran 20 miles today.  I needed to get in a lot of miles early in the week and I wanted to be sure that I could still run 20 miles.

This was my eighth straight day of running and I had heavy legs for the first 7 miles. The good part is that I was reminded that I can keep running even when it's uncomfortable for oh, let's just say, "Hours!" Now I have that good kind of soreness that comes from running long.

Pre-run: pumpkin pancakes and banana; During: 3 GU gels (mint chocolate! & vanilla) and 20 oz. Gatorade

Comments

  1. Yay for the satisfying soreness from a successful long run! Yay, too, for mint chocolate gels - yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! especially with the 8 day streak! woohoo for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good 20 miler!! I miss them..you are going to do great with your race :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the run, I haven't done a 20 since June and I am starting to miss them a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! Way to go out there and get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin pancakes. Yum! Good job on the 20 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE!!! i'm glad you think it's a good kind of sore. i like that too!

    so now you're down to 6 weeks away! maybe one more 20 miler?

    you're going to do awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt