This & That

Memorial Park Flowers
  1. Today I ran 8 miles at Memorial Park. After a warm-up, I ran 3 x 1 mile at a faster pace with 4 minute rests. It felt great to finish the final fast mile. The workout seemed to go by fast because I was really focused for three miles. 
  2. Exercise may suppress your appetite - I think that's true because whenever I finish running a marathon, I'm never hungry. Of course, it's a good idea to eat/drink something when you're done running and you're hungry, but I have to be careful about the rewards when I'm not hungry. Either that or I'll be buying bigger pants.
  3. I need to try the holiday-flavored teas like Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane soon - cold weather is expected in Houston. Here's a coupon for $1 off 2.

Comments

  1. Pretty flowers. Tea is something I think I want but it just doesn't do it for me like coffee does. Pumpkin spice coffee is my crack right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish exercise made me less hungry, LOL...I gained 10 lbs during my marathon training which part of I am still trying to shed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't number 2 true for all of us! Sounds like you had a great workout Tina :) I like to focus on speed too- it really makes it click by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some great things about the Houston Marathon, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it. We are doing Arizona this year in January but will be looking for a different January race for next year. I saw that article about exercising and appetite. Swimming and biking make me hungry whereas running makes me less hungry. Weird! Glad your training is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used that program but I like everything I have read about it and I really like that it tops out at 16 miles. I will be interested to see how it works for you and how you feel running your marathon vs other marathons you have ran with longer training runs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt