Monday, December 3, 2012

Belize!


I took a trip to Central America last week. My husband and I took a plane and a boat ride and arrived on Ambergris Caye, an island in Belize. The top photo was taken during a flight on a small plane from the island to Belize City where we got on another plane to return to Houston.


While in Belize, we took a boat ride to the Lamanai Mayan Temple. The temple was in the rain forest and we saw wild crocodiles, iguanas, and bats. My husband even gave a monkey a banana. In the next photo, I'm climbing down the steep stairs after climbing to the top of the temple. I was thankful for the rope to hang onto.


We rode a jet ski a couple of times. The water was a beautiful turquoise.


I ran along the beach with thatched huts and boats. I stopped along the way and watched the fish swimming in the clear water.


 We stayed at the Mata Rocks Hotel and the next photo was taken from our patio, close to the ocean. In the mornings, we saw dolphins in the water from our patio.


I was surprised at how peaceful the beach area was in contrast to how crowded the little town was at busy times of the day with speeding cars, golf carts and young kids on bikes all in the road at once. People were very friendly, often greeting us with a "Good morning" or "Hi, guys". Great trip!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina, that looks like an amazing vacation. I love the color of the water and the thatched roof huts. You have me dreaming of the beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're much braver than I am, scaling those steep steps! We visited Chichen Itza and Koba a few years back and I safely watched from the bottom as my husband used the rope on similarly steep steps.

    Looks like a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers - what TONS of FUN and so incredibly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Jealous of your adventure!! How spectacular and BLUE that water looks.

    About the yaktrax- you could always give them away :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't think once about running those steps? :) Friends of mine have been there recently. This is a must trip for me soon! I think you need to do a seperate travel blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE!!!! What a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! That looks like a wonderful place to vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been to those same ruins! Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures! i loved reading about it and especially like that picture of you on the pier! the water and wooden pier look so neat!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...