Food Trucks & I Moved

Tina & the PB&J Truck

The Maker Faire came to Houston. My husband and I saw robots and a lot of talented and creative artists and scientists. For lunch, we ate at the food trucks.That's me standing by the PB&J food truck, wishing I hadn't already eaten peanut butter for breakfast! I ate half of a chicken in a waffle sandwich (funny combo, yes? yes!) and half of a good Bernie's Burger Bus bacon cheeseburger. Then I had a yummy carrot cake Zeapod cupcake on a stick (like a push-up popsicle).

This weekend, we moved from Houston to a smaller town north of Houston. I'm exhausted from packing and unpacking, but I really like my new house. I'm no longer just a few blocks from Memorial Park, but no worries... My new backyard backs up to a great park with running trails! In fact, the park is one of my favorite things about my new house. I'll share pictures later.

It's been two weeks since the marathon and I've only run once to try out my legs since then, until today. My Weimaraner and I ran 4 miles on the gravel trails. I saw a blue heron and many Cardinals. It felt great to run!

Comments

  1. Congrats on your move and looking forward to seeing your new trail - stomping ground photos! It is SO nice to have easy running access right outside your door!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house, hope you are very happy in your new home! Good idea to rest after the marathon. Rest is very under-rated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is so much work, but it sounds like you are in a great new place. It will be fun exploring you new neighborhood on foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new home. I loved Texas when we lived there many years ago. We lived in Wylie, quite a ways from Houston. Enjoy the running trails. I bet they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new home!! Sounds like a lovely place and perfect for running!! Can't wait for pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken in a waffle sounds ...interesting! Was it good?

    Moving is tough work. Might be good timing, post marathon. We have a lot of blue herons here & I love to see them. I have never seen a cardinal though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waffle was good and the chicken was good, but waffles are best with maple syrup or peanut butter. : )

      Delete
  7. wow. i am so far behind on blogs - because of the move! and i had no idea YOU moved TOO!!! ha! ok, going to go catch up on the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your move went well like ours did and that you find some great new places to run.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt