Saturday, February 2, 2013

When 7 Miles is Long




This is the park that backs up to our new backyard. That's my dog, Zoe, sitting in front of the waterfall that flows into one of the lakes. It's fun to run in a new place. It's much more quiet at this park in the mornings than I'm used to, but I like the peacefulness. I especially like stepping out of my backyard into the park where I can run.

I've been slowly adding on miles this week after running the Houston Marathon three weeks ago. This week my miles were: 4, 3.3, 4, 4, rest, and 7 today - my longest run of the week. The weather has been anywhere from 40-70 degrees in the mornings - quite a variation in one week. Only four weeks until the Woodlands Half Marathon!

Our Box Mountain

My husband and I have lived in our new house for a week. My hands are sore from cutting open the taped boxes. Fortunately, I'm almost finished unpacking. What a relief!

13 comments:

  1. I've never moved as an adult (live in the house I grew up in), but have helped plenty'o friends move. That's a marathon in itself!

    Sounds like a nice adventure of exploring new routes, etc. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm enjoying yours. I love to read about others and their running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're finally settling in...moving is a lot of work! What an amazing view right in your backyard and perfect to go and run...wow! Four weeks is plenty of time to get back your energy and be ready for your half-marathon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've felt more tired lately than I would have expected, but it might have something to do with all of the packing and unpacking. Hopefully, my energy will pick up in time for the race.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice place to live. Good luck with the unpacking. We've had the weather extremes too though no 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to step out your door and right onto a running trail. The weather seems perfect for running!
    I'm training my 10 month old Border Collie, who by the way is named Zoey, to run with me. My German Shepherd is GREAT as a running partner. Zoey...she needs to learn a few things like NOT TRYING TO HERD ME during our run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like Zoe likes your new neighborhood! I hope you are getting settled into your new house and can start relaxing and enjoying the new areas to run in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great if you are almost unpacked. I've been in my house for 3 years and still have some boxes that I haven't unpacked! Looks like a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your move! How lovely to have a park where you can run in such close proximity to your home. I look forward to the day when seven miles seems like a short, long run to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job adding the miles back slowly! I think I added a long run too quickly and had to cut back a little last week, but am feeling better now. Yay for a new house- what a relief to be almost done unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Love exploring new areas by foot :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new home! Especially now that the job of unpacking is over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that backyard view is just gorgeous! i have those same boxes all over my house right now! thank goodness for lowes! i've been there three times for boxes!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...