11 Mile Run / Geocaching

My Dog Geocaches!
I ran 11 miles today. I'm running a marathon in May so I'm increasing my weekly miles. My pace was not where I wanted it to be and the run seemed a little too long. Since I'm increasing my miles, that's probably normal. Still, it made me think about how I need to be careful about getting enough protein (0.5 - 0.8 gram per pound of body weight). I'll use My Fitness Pal to keep an eye on that.

To help the miles go by, I distracted myself. When I ran by the place where my husband and I recently searched for a geocache, I wondered if the cache is actually hidden in the leaves or if it is just gone. That's because we never did find the cache (a hidden container found with a GPS). That's okay. It's still fun to get outside and to hunt through the trees for a hidden treasure even if you don't find one.




Comments

  1. Haha your dog geocaching! Cute! Interesting about the protein/energy thing...I never much pay attention to protein but maybe I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : ) Of course, it could be a lot of things, but protein is one of my first guesses.

      Delete
  2. Nice midweek run! I've started paying a little more attention to protein as well, especially first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off to get some milk (for protein) now! Thanks for the "protein in the morning" reminder!

      Delete
  3. What fun! I've never heard of geocaching before.
    You had a good run. Some days will be slower but you need
    those days so you can run strong on other days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - some days are slower. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. My family and I searched for a geocache on vacation in the Florida Keys a few years ago. We actually found the stash on a remote beach. It was so much fun! Are you going to do the Hanson's Training Plan for your upcoming marathon or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a geocache on vacation would be fun! I'm working through Pfitzinger's 55miles/12weeks marathon plan this time.

      Delete
  5. Seems like a lot of people are into geocaching! It's kind of like a treasure hunt. :) Protein is very important. What do you replace yours with- and how do you measure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Fitness Pal is helpful for keeping track of what I eat. It has a database of most foods. I just type in the foods I eat and it tells me how much protein I've eaten. That way, I can eat more of it if the numbers show that I'm running low. Great tool and it's free!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt