15 Mile Run / Pancake Link


I ran 15 miles Friday. I wasn't sure how I'd feel doing a long run so soon after Saturday's The Woodlands Half Marathon. Before I started the run, 15 miles seemed like a long way. But after 6 miles I felt confident that I could finish. That's how it usually goes. Running is nice like that!

Fuel pre-run: Light and Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes. In the recipe, there's a great buttermilk substitution: 1 cup buttermilk = 1/4 cup plain yogurt + 1 tablespoon vinegar + 3/4 cup milk.

Is full fat dairy actually better for you? (audio link) I used whole milk for the pancakes. I used to use non-fat, but now I like to use whole milk. It fills you up and bodies need some fat.

Looking into my Spibelt: Phone, Raisins and Spray
Fuel during the run: Raisins sprinkled with salt at miles 5 & 10. I don't carry raisins during a marathon, but since I run a lot, sometimes I like to eat something other than gels in training. I like the taste of gels and how compact they can be, though.

Today: 5 mile run with my dog. I like doing short, easy runs after long run days. They make my legs feel great when I'm done!


Comments

  1. Very nice run so soon after the half. I love how the body returns to "normal" so quickly after a half. I ran for the first time yesterday and all felt pretty good. When is your next race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear that you had a good run! I'm looking for a marathon!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done. Glad to see you are back at it so easily after your 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to be running longer miles again!

      Delete
  3. I am a big believer in full-fat products. I'd rather eat less and have the fat--it sticks with me longer!

    I'm amazed at the miles you put in this weekend. I don't even know if I drove my CAR that far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny!

      The only trouble I have with eating full-fat dairy is with finding yogurt. Maybe someday the pendulum will swing back around and there will be more available.

      Delete
  4. I eat very little fat and try to stick with the olive or coconut oils when I do.
    As for your 15 miler - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up