Homemade Arm Warmers

Before running my last race, I bought a pair of tights and cut off the feet and the waist to make arm warmers. I wore them during  The Woodlands Half Marathon and I'm glad I did!

Homemade Arm Warmers:

  • Inexpensive ($5)
  • To make: just cut, I don't even hem them
  • Pull over hands when cold
  • Pull down off upper arms when warm
  • Tie around waist when hot
  • Great for about 30-40 degrees
  • Thinner ones, like my previous homemade arm warmers, are nice, too. Thicker ones tend to slide down a bit.
  • Or just buy some Asics ones for about $9!

What's for breakfast? 
One variation of my Throw Everything in the Cereal Bowl Breakfast: uncooked oats, Maple Morning Crunch cereal, molasses, banana, cinnamon, walnuts, unsweetened almond milk and 50% less sugar Craisins (they may be less sweet, but they're sweet enough for me).

Recent Workouts-
I got in a good 8 mile run yesterday and I did some strength training today. We've had some beautiful running weather lately in the Houston area!

Comments

  1. I buy cheap knee socks (for $2) at Walmart and cut off the the foot part. Work great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, they would really be nice and long for covering your hands when they get cold that way. I have also heard of using knee high socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, you can store a tissue inside the sleeves.

      Delete
  3. Fun! It was definitely a good day for arm warmers. I just saw that you may run a race in York, PA. I used to live there...small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you know about the race, but the Bob Potts Marathon in York runs along a railroad line - the same line that took Abraham Lincoln to Gettysburg to deliver his address.

      Delete
  4. That's a great idea! Arm warmers are very handy in the longer trail races because I can remove them without taking off my hydration pack and fuel belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I like them in races because they're easier to take off than a jacket would be.

      Delete
  5. home made arm warmers!! so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My homemade hand warmers are old socks with the toes cut out. That way I don't feel bad about tossing them if it gets too warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. If I didn't spend a lot, then I don't have to hang onto them during a race.

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for arm warmers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't need them often in Texas, but they can be handy on our chilly days.

      Delete
  8. Great idea for arm warmers! Definitely something to remember for colder races, or long runs starting in the early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The homemade arm warmers look awesome! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use socks too...for St. Pat's half next week I will buy a pair of knee highs to use as arm warmers..then toss b/c I am sure I will be getting hot pretty quickly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Hope your half is lots of fun!

      Delete
  11. I love your idea for homemade arm warmers!! ;) I'm going to have to try that. They look nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually go with black, but I like blue ones, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up