The Woodlands Half Marathon/Marathon Expo
Here's my review of The Woodlands Half Marathon/Marathon Expo - the good, the bad and...There wasn't any ugly! I'm running the half marathon tomorrow. I'm looking forward to running my sixth half marathon. The Woodlands is within an hour's drive of Houston.
- Clifbar is a sponsor. They'll hand out a gel during the race. I sampled the gel flavors that were new to me. They all taste good so I'll be fine no matter what flavor I end up grabbing. My favorite Clif products that I tried: strawberry gel - it tastes like jam, the Chocolate Mint Builder's bar (I'm a chocolate mint fan) and the blueberry crisp bar (fruity). We received Clif bars in our race bag.
- We received Headsweats (Coolmax fabric) hats in our race bag.
- Bikeland handed out a water bottle that fits my bike's bottle holder.
- It only took 20 minutes to get to the expo/race location from my home. Parking was easy. I only had about a 3 minute walk to the expo and it was free (at The Woodlands Mall).
- The expo was on the small side so I was surprised to find a booth with a unique product: medal holders by Frame Your Event. I also like the medal holders with just one hook, not pictured. I had a chance to talk to the two ladies who make the holders. If I remember correctly, they're training for The Army Marathon, a brand new race held near Ft. Hood in April.
- I arrived 10 minutes after the expo opened. I waited in the race packet line for 30 minutes. The end of the line was fine, but it was a mess when we neared the front of the line. I think this is only the second year that they have held this race. Hopefully, they'll improve this next year.
The good outweighed the bad and I can't wait for tomorrow. Now it's time to gather my race bib, clothes, safety-pins, etc. See you on the other side of the half marathon!