The Woodlands Half Marathon/Marathon Expo



Here's my review of The Woodlands Half Marathon/Marathon Expo - the good, the bad and...There wasn't any ugly! I'm running the half marathon tomorrow. I'm looking forward to running my sixth half marathon. The Woodlands is within an hour's drive of Houston.

Good Stuff: 

  • Clifbar is a sponsor. They'll hand out a gel during the race. I sampled the gel flavors that were new to me. They all taste good so I'll be fine no matter what flavor I end up grabbing. My favorite Clif products that I tried: strawberry gel - it tastes like jam, the Chocolate Mint Builder's bar (I'm a chocolate mint fan) and the blueberry crisp bar (fruity). We received Clif bars in our race bag. 
  • We received Headsweats (Coolmax fabric) hats in our race bag.
  • Bikeland handed out a water bottle that fits my bike's bottle holder.
  • It only took 20 minutes to get to the expo/race location from my home. Parking was easy. I only had about a 3 minute walk to the expo and it was free (at The Woodlands Mall).
  • The expo was on the small side so I was surprised to find a booth with a unique product: medal holders by Frame Your Event. I also like the medal holders with just one hook, not pictured. I had a chance to talk to the two ladies who make the holders. If I remember correctly, they're training for The Army Marathon, a brand new race held near Ft. Hood in April.

Medal Holders

To improve: 
  • I arrived 10 minutes after the expo opened. I waited in the race packet line for 30 minutes. The end of the line was fine, but it was a mess when we neared the front of the line. I think this is only the second year that they have held this race. Hopefully, they'll improve this next year.

The good outweighed the bad and I can't wait for tomorrow. Now it's time to gather my race bib, clothes, safety-pins, etc. See you on the other side of the half marathon!

Comments

  1. I'm toying with the idea of doing my first half marathon this year. I can't even imagine right now even getting a medal let alone having enough that you need a holder for them, hehe They are super cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you run one race, you'll want to run another one. It's kind of like eating M&M's!

      Delete
  2. Race expos are the best! Glad you got some good loot. I can't wait to hear how your race goes! I'm sure by now you're done...hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun today at the race. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina!
    It was so nice meeting you at the Woodlands Marathon Expo! Thanks so much for your kind words and for linking our page!!
    Congratulations on your awesome race-time!!! You rock!
    Hope to see you at another race soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, too! I think it's great that you have a business that caters to runners and wish you the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up