Taper Time!



I'm running my 14th marathon in 13 days! I can't wait! This is taper time, but that doesn't mean I've quit working hard. I'm still working on some speed during my workouts, but I'm running fewer miles.

Friday - I ran a 16 mile ladder workout that I liked. I ran 2 easy miles and then I ran 4 hard, 1 easy, 3 hard, 1 easy, 2 hard, 1 easy, 1 hard, 1 easy. I was focused on trying to hit a good pace and that made the 16 miles feel like they went by quickly.

Saturday - I ran an easy 6 miles on Saturday with my 8 year old Weimaraner. She likes to run my warm up miles with me and to run as long as possible with me on my easy days, too. It's nice to have her company!

Monday - What a great confidence boosting run! I ran 2 easy miles. Then I ran 1 hard and 1 easy mile times 4. I finished with an easy mile for a total of 10 miles. The weather felt great and I was able to pick up the speed during those hard miles all of the way to the last hard mile.

After my run, I found out that I'm the featured Blogger of the Week at RunningBloggers.com!


Comments

  1. Great week! Enjoy the taper. Congrats on being the featured blogger :)

    Can't wait to hear all about your next marathon! I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, good luck!!!
    Happy taper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you via running bloggers on FB! Congrats on being featured, it's great meeting you!
    The taper makes me anxious... always!
    Can't wait to hear how the marathon goes!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the taper!! Didn't realize you & I were at the same # of marathons - cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound like great workouts! Have a great time in PA and of course, an awesome marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck and hope you get your BQ! We will be running our marathons on the same day! I am hoping to break four hours. This will be my third marathon so hopefully I can do it! Happy Taper Time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the featured blogger! I love the workouts you posted and will have to remember those, they looked different and fun. Yay for taper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Good Luck! My marathon isn't until June 22, so I'm just getting into my longest runs now. Are you following a specific plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been loosely following the "12 weeks/55 miles or less plan" in Advanced Marathoning (first edition).

      Delete
  9. 14 marathons in 13 days? Holy moly! Way to go!! Congrats on your blog being featured too. Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I'd better be careful how I word my posts!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on being named Blogger of the Week! It sounds like your legs are really prepared for your marathon. I'll have to give your ladder a try sometime. :) Good luck with the rest of your taper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At taper time already?? Enjoy it! And congrats on the feature, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh taper,I have a love-hate relationship with taper. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 14th, wow! That's an amazing accomplishment. Enjoy your taper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up