Weekly Recap



I had a great 9 mile run today! Even in the heat, my average pace was a minute faster than last Monday's pace on my tough 8 miler. That doesn't make me fast, just less-slothful in the humidity. (The picture is from today's run.)

Running Miles: Last week I ran six days, running: 8, 6, 10, 4, 12, 5 with a rest day on Sunday. I like a hard/easy run days plan. Weekly total: 45. 

Strength Training: 4 days of 30 minutes each, including these videos: Denise Austin's Rock Hard Abs Workout and Honolulu Trainer's strength training for runners. I especially liked the sumo squats with calf raise on the second video. They're hard! 



Healthy Eating: I made whole wheat buttermilk pancakes using Inquiring Chef's recipe. I topped them with peanut butter and ate some before today's run. I also made some peach honey yogurt popsiclesbut I didn't follow the instructions and used non-fat yogurt. I tried again with whole fat and they worked. I ate one after today's run and it cooled me off. 

Reading Update: On January 1, I wrote that I'd like to read through the Bible this year. I'm in Psalms now. That's the middle of the Bible so I'm on track. 

Blog Improvements: Just thought I'd let you know that I updated my About Page.

Running Tip for the Heat: Today I put one of those small freezer packs made for lunch bags (similar to this one) in my side shorts pocket while I ran. It wasn't a perfect arrangement, but it was nice to have something cool with me. I plan to do that again.


Comments

  1. Great week of training!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been fortunate about being able to increase my miles after running the marathon in May without any kind of injury.

      Delete
  2. You run a lot of miles! I wish I could run more but it's hard to find the time. I love how you are reading the entire Bible. I have always said that I wanted to do that but never have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have time for running and reading - a couple of my favorite ways to spend my time!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Pancakes!

    Great workout last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smelled pancakes while I was running on Saturday and went home and made my own. I'm glad that I made extra for later!

      Delete
  4. Awesome runs! That's some pretty serious mileage, especially when your longest run is only 12 miles. I hope you can get a cold snap to come through and lower the temps so you can get a little relief from the heat! That ice pack idea is a really great one, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my ice pack idea may be even more important this next week. It's supposed to be even warmer!

      Delete
  5. Great training week! Esp in the Texas heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I usually move right on to thinking about my next week and I don't often think much about the previous training week, but I think it helps for me to see that I'm moving right along with some things that I had set out to do.

      Delete
  6. Nice week of training. And great job working your way through the Bible! My family and I have that as a goal this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great that we have the same goal!

      Delete
  7. Very solid training, especially in the heat! I love the ice pack idea. I utilized ice in the bra at my half last weekend. Aaaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I know that some runners put ice in their hats. I haven't tried that yet, but when I ran the Kona Marathon, I carried as much ice as possible in my hands and mouth.

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed you get all your runs in and also 4 strength session. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT week of training!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for commenting on my blog a couple of weeks ago. I just noticed it today - and when I clicked on your blog I was so excited! I have scoured the web looking for other runners in my age category and here one went and found me! Awesome! I look forward to reading many more of your posts - you and I share a bond on the heat/humidity front right now (lol!)
    Run Happy!
    Mendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the shout-out! So glad you enjoyed my healthy ice pop recipes. I wish I was as motivated to exercise/run as you - what a great site! Lots of blessings, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt