Busy in My Kitchen


Today I did some strength training exercises for 15 minutes, rode my bike 6 miles and then I ran 3 miles. The variety made it a fun workout.

I gathered some links to share some of the recipes that I used this week while we had family stay with us.

Rainbow Swirl Cake  - The vibrant colors made for a fun surprise when we sliced into the cake. I put the cake batter into six bowls. Then I added gel food coloring. I dropped the colored batter into the cake pans. So easy! The next photo shows the cake - a new favorite for me.

Fluffy Pancakes  - I accidentally added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla instead of 1/4 teaspoon, but I thought that made them especially good.



Chicken Pot Pie - This is one of my own recipes - a family favorite.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps  - I used Shredded Chicken in this recipe. Rather than using a fork to shred the chicken, I used a blender making it easy and quick to shred it.

Lasagna Casserole - This made enough for 9-10 servings - a lot! I served it with the next recipe...

French Bread - The only recipe I made that didn't work out. That may be because I didn't follow the directions exactly. The bread came out flat, but it was still good enough to use with the next recipe...

Carrabba's Herb Oil for Dipping Bread

This week, I had the most fun with the cake. Somehow I was able to make the cake and frost it without anyone seeing it before it was finished. That way, it was a surprise for our guests when the cake was sliced.

8/26 Update: I made the French Bread again. This time, I didn't let it sit and rise too long. It was a success this time!



Comments

  1. That looks like a great party cake! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread is always hit or miss. Don't worry about it too much. I had no idea that you could use a blender for shredding chicken. I may have to try that because I hate doing it myself but I love shredded chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cake and I love the herb oil from Carrabba's even more! I don't have one near me but when I visit my sister in SC that is one of the places that we always go to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that cake is stunning!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool way to do a cake. Looks like it wouldn't take too much extra work as I already have gel colors...hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to make that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ha! The "kitchen workout". Those are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have great recipes Tina. My kids would love to make the Rainbow Cake with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, you rocked that workout!!! And these cakes are super fun!!! Can't wait til Logan is a little older so that I can make fun things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You HAVE been busy in the kitchen! That cake is so pretty! My mom's birthday is coming up...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could bake bread. It seems like once you have a recipe perfected, the next time it's a flop. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week