Blogger & Twitter Tips


Today I fixed a problem I was having with Blogger and I learned a Twitter tip, too.

First, I saved myself a headache by ignoring what Blogger told me to do. Instead, I did a Google search on the problem and found that I was not the only person experiencing trouble. That led to learning how to fix the problem.

The problem was that I wasn't able to make any changes to my blogger page from the design page. This message would pop up: the following errors were found: isExperimental: Required field must not be blank. If you are still having trouble, we recommend: Clear your browser's cache and cookies and then try again.


After a Google search, I found that I should go to the blogger draft page and click the gear icon which is located at the top right. Then I clicked "user settings" and removed the flag from "using draft blogger." This fixed my problem and saved me the trouble of clearing my browser's cache and cookies. 

Then I came across a Twitter tip. If you place the username first in a tweet, only that person and those who follow both of you will receive the tweet. If you'd like all of your followers to see the tweet, then place the username somewhere else in the tweet. Or you can place a period before the username like this: .@GottaRunNow1. For more Twitter tips, see Michael Hyatt's post listing 8 Twitter Mistakes.

Using Blogger and Twitter has been a great way to make running friends so I'm happy to have my Blogger problem solved and for the Twitter tip, too.


Comments

  1. Well who knew...helpful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a problem is a great incentive for me to learn some new tips!

      Delete
  2. Love the blogger tip. It can be frustrating for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I found a solution without too much trouble!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't noticed with twitter! Interesting. I will have to remember that one.
    Now about the blogger tip, I am curious what changes you were making. I haven't messed a lot with my design in a while, but I might need to go in and make some changes soon. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The change I made was just to brighten up the color for links so that they stand out from the post text. Glad to help!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know that Twitter tip! Thanks. I still feel like quite the novice at Twitter. I don't use Blogger, but I get so frustrated when crazy technical issues pop up on the blog. I'm glad you found a solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Twitter novice, too. So much to learn!

      Delete
  5. This is helpful because I totally don't get twitter! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Twitter tip was new to me. Now I'm starting to notice all of the tweets with a period before a username. I never noticed them before!

      Delete
  6. Both can be frustrating. I don't use Twitter much other than automatic uploads when I post to my blog. That's super handy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the automatic tweets to let people know about new posts, too. So many blogs to follow and not everyone can follow all of them so that lets folks know about new posts. Helpful!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sure and thanks for the reminder on your blog about my forgotten HIIT interval app I've never tried!

      Delete
  8. I started out using Blogger but decided to go the Wordpress route. I like the way your blog looks. If I was knew more of how to make it look nice, I may have kept it. Good tip on Twitter too. I never knew you could do that either. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and the info on your blog about protein bars, too!

      Delete
  9. Yay for fixing a problem! Feeling accomplished is the best thing in the world :) I love when I figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! In the Blogger case, I didn't think to do a search on the problem right away. Hopefully, I'll remember to do that sooner next time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up