Running & Eating During Thanksgiving Week


I'm especially thankful for a week of good running! If you've had to take a rest from running when you'd really rather be running, each running day is even more special.

Here's how I exercised this week:
  • Saturday: 6 mile run. Today I ran in the woods for part of my run. 
  • Sunday: Rest.
  • Monday: 6 mile run. Deer sighting!
  • Tuesday: 100 burpees - I think. I know it's hard to do math while running, but try it while counting up 100 burpees! This was my first time to try these in a long time and I had to stop to rest often. 


3 Tasty Foods I Made This Week


Muesli - Noms McGee: I ate muesli when we visited Norway and found out that I like this less-sweet version of granola with milk or as a yogurt topping. 




Along with some turkey yesterday, I loaded up on vegetables this week: sweet potatoes, zucchini and carrots. If you're tummy is full of healthy food, there isn't a lot of room left over for anything else. 

Do you have a favorite turkey or vegetable recipe? Roasted vegetables are easy and the leftovers can be used for days.


Comments

  1. I like to make turkey pot pie or turkey noodle casserole with leftovers from thanksgiving. yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, turkey pot pie sounds delicious!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving Tina!
    I love muesli too, in face you've reminded me I need to make a new batch today. And thanks for the link to the upper body workout - I noticed my arms were really tired after my last race so strengthening that area sounds like the thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that tired arm feeling! In fact, it was after a half marathon, like you just ran, that I first noticed that I needed to do more arm strengthening exercises.

      Delete
  3. I have been on a roasted veggie kick lately. I love all fall vegetables roasted with a bunch of garlic! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good and it reminds me that I need to put garlic on my shopping list!

      Delete
  4. I love root veggies - and of course crave them like crazy (half-crazy) in the fall. Just heard they help you feel "gounded". Makes sense cause they're in so many comfort foods. Great runs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that vegetables are full of vitamins. Just to pick two: carrots are full of A, C and K and potatoes are loaded with B6 and C.

      Delete
  5. When I first moved away from upstate NY, I though I'd never want to see a roasted veggie again (the only "local" veggies available from Nov - April were root veggies, and I roasted all winter). But now that I live in the tropics and root vegetables are an accessory, not a staple, I miss a big tray of roast veggies (and still splurge for one occasionally!). I roast with just olive oil and a dash of salt - and like to mix the cooled veggies with balsamic vinegar and thinly sliced swiss cheese to make a "root veggie salad" of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the "root veggie salad" idea. I'll have to do that!

      Delete
  6. 100 burpees, wow! I'd probably fall over and die! Great job doing that many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those roasted veggies and that Turkey Tetrazzinni looks incredible! Yum! I'm glad you liked my arms workout too. Yay. 100 burpees sounds killer!! I'm going to try that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get that concept, that when you can't run because of busy times, you appreciate running days that much more. I'm very excited to get back into a normal running routine again! Those roasted veggies look delicious ... that is my type of eating :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a great week of running! I totally get how precious each run is when you haven't been able to run due to other circumstances. Whew 100 burpees! That is a lot! Your roasted veggies look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job getting your workouts in this busy week.
    We had fried turkey for the first time. It was delicious and we did not burn the house down so I consider that a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not burning the house down - a definite plus!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt