3 Random Things


Let's go random today... Blog changes, race winner changes and oops!

1. Blog Improvements 

I made some blog changes. I put contact information in my sidebar. Then I changed the width of my blog so that everything fits just right. Last of all, I added Adsense back on and one day this week I made a whopping 11 cents! Read Seven Mistakes Even Nice-Looking Blogs Make for more ideas on fixing up your blog.

2. The Woodlands Marathon 2013

Last March, I ran The Woodlands half marathon here in Texas. Today the race declared a new female overall winner, Janna Boren, for the marathon held that day. That's because the previous winner tested positive for a prohibited substance. I feel sorry for the women who placed second through fourth that day. Compared to that, missing the 2 hour mark by 34 seconds like I did seems like an even smaller problem than it did on race day.

3. Oops...

...That moment after you hit the comment button on a blog when you realize that you left out a word or misspelled a word. Whatever you do, don't go back and write another comment explaining that you know how to spell because really, really, no one will notice it until you mention it!

Photo: Seen while shopping - a goat on burlap. Could be a fun DIY project using your child's artwork.


Comments

  1. I dropped Adsense a while ago for something else that's even worse. I think I'm going back for the 11 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. 11 cents is better than nothing!

      Delete
  2. That is awful about the marathon winner!!
    I don't even know what Adsense is - I guess I'm behind things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have explained that! Google Adsense is a way to earn money on your blog with ads.

      Delete
  3. I redesigned my Blog recently, then decided I didn't like it so reverted back to the old one. I like yours though.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes it's fun to change things around or back if that was better. I do that, too, sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Funny - I so often leave a letter out of a word or spell it wrong because I'm in such a rush. I'm just afraid if I don't catch it, the spam blocker will and Spam me! Ugg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of the time I wrote, "What would I do with Body Glide?" when I meant to write, "What would I do without Body Glide?!" Ugh!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely checking out that link you mentioned! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the redesign! I've been thinking about adding adsense. I guess I could buy some stamps with it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the blog improvement, great link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely be checking out that link! I often make misspellings or just the wrong word in general when I comment on blogs using my phone, due to my minimal skills with a touchscreen and autocorrect. So if you see words that don't make sense in my future comments, you'll know why :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up