PB2 Peanut Butter Powder

Today's Breakfast: Chocolate/PB/Banana Oats & Kefir
Yesterday I saw a small packet of chocolate PB2 powdered peanut butter at the grocery store. Since I had seen it on food blogs, I was curious about it. Aren't blogs great for new ideas?

I put it on my oatmeal this morning. It mixed in easily and it tasted great - like I had added peanut butter and cocoa powder to my oats. The taste isn't surprising since chocolate PB2 is made up of peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.

The big difference between powdered and regular peanut butter is that the powder has no fat. The fat in nuts can be good for you, but using the powder is an easy way to enjoy peanuts and still cut your fats when you want to.

Chocolate PB2 vs. HEB (local grocery store) Peanut Butter (2 tbsp)
Calories: 45 vs. 200
Fat: 1 vs. 16
Protein: 4 vs. 7

Have you tried powdered peanut butter before? Next, I'd like use it to make chocolate peanut butter cocoa by adding it to milk. That would be great after a chilly run outside.

Now that I've tried PB2, I'd like to try peanut flour because it doesn't have any added sugar. Have you tried any new foods lately?



Comments

  1. I've never heard of powdered PB. Interesting! I bet it mixes easier, too. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did mix easily and it smelled great in my hot oatmeal this morning.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen that, but it seems like something I should try. I love Peanut Butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I could it it every day!

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of pb in powdered form, but that sounds like it would mix well. I'm trying to get more nuts into my diet myself, I get bored with regular peanut butter and keep trying to come up with new things to do with it, but get stumped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've got me thinking of peanut butter combinations I don't hear much about... One peanut butter snack that I like is PB on graham crackers. Whenever I have graham crackers, I have to make that!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know such a thing as peanut butter powder existed! Its amazing the products you discover through blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried this as well. A friend of mine recommended it. I actually enjoy eating fat, as it keeps me full for a long time, but this is a nice alternative if I've had a fatty day. I actually mixed mine with water & spread it on toast and it wasn't bad at all! A bit more "peanutty" than regular peanut butter, but still yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy full-fat foods when I can for that very reason. I have a little powder left. Maybe I'll try it on bread, too.

      Delete
  6. I'll look for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt