Monday, December 30, 2013

Run/Bike/ST Workout


I liked today's workout because it had three different parts to it. First, I spent 20 minutes doing exercises from ExRx.net where there are many video examples of exercises. 

Next, I bundled up because it was chilly outside and rode my bike for 40 minutes at the park next to our house. Right away, I saw a deer run across my path! (In case you want to know how I made the deer animation in my last post, with my camera, I took 5 photos in a row and Auto Awesome put them together.)

I rode my bike back home and headed back out to run 3 miles. At first, my legs were heavy like bricks! After awhile, my legs felt normal. I'm not used to riding and running like that. I hope that after some more workouts like this, my legs won't feel so heavy.

For dessert, I had a red velvet chocolate chip cookie with peppermint ice cream. I added peppermint extract to some of the cookies, which made them even better. Everyone's thinking about 2014 goals lately. I think it would be fun to try a new recipe every month or even every week.

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! Awesome job on the workout this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good workout. Those cookies remind me of a chocolate peppermint cookie that I make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great workout! Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with the brick workout! And thanks for explaining the deer auto-awesome. I need to try again.. usually I just end up with auto-snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me - I have a new snowy picture, too. The deer animation was my first one, but my husband got one of me running awhile back. I hope you can get an animation picture soon!

      Delete
  5. Um, your dessert looks awesome! (O and great workout too...but I am focusing on that cookie picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That dessert looks incredible. Good job on the workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of trying a new recipe every month or week! So fun! I am trying to read a new book every month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to read a book every month in 2014, too. Sometimes I like to listen to books when I run.

      Delete
  8. Haha, I too am focusing on the dessert...especially the red velvet cookies. You know where my priorities are! I think you should share the recipe (you made them, right)? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just click on the name of the cookie in my post and it'll take you to the recipe at Sally's blog. Many more photos of those cookies there that will make you want to bake a bunch of them - click with caution!

      Delete
  9. I use biking as cross training, and I have never understood how anyone can get off a bike and go run. My legs always feel like lead when I get off of the bike! Kudos to you.

    I know nothing of triathlons, but I think what you did is considered a "brick" workout by a triathlete. Are you thinking of doing a triathlon with that back-to-back biking and then running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs felt like lead that day, but at the end of the week, I did a similar workout and my legs felt better. I'm not planning to do a triathlon, but I hope biking will make me a stronger runner and it's fun to ride my bike.

      Delete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...