Here's my fitness and food wrap-up for this last week.
- I've slowly increased my running, being careful not to run myself into an injury again after running the St. George Marathon in October. Must be patient!
- I finally had a speed session one day this week, running two miles fast for a change. During a 5 mile run, I sped up for 2 miles and ran 9:19 and 8:51 per mile. My goal was about 9:00 for both miles. I'll get there!
- I ran five times, sometimes in shorts and sometimes bundled up in gloves and a hat.
- I went on a bike ride in the warm sunshine.
- I strength-trained three times. Here's what I used today: Runner's World Glute Strength.
- I found a Cuisinart dutch oven at Marshall's for $60 (at Amazon, they're $100) and I roasted a chicken in it. I ate a lot of chicken avocado sandwiches and chicken with roasted vegetables this week. My red dutch oven matches the red plate that I found at Marshall's years ago.
- I baked a birthday cake and I didn't eat too much of it. Then someone gave us some Christmas cookies. They're so cute that I should save them for as long as possible and not eat them all up. Must resist the gingerbread cookie!
Weekly Exercise Recap
S: 6 mile run with stops to cheer at a 5K race
S: 4 mile run
M: 5 mile run, strength training
T: 5 mile run with 2 faster miles
W: 25 min. bike ride, strength training
F: 6 mile run, strength training
Running Total: 26 miles
How do you make sure to get in all of your workouts? I put my workouts on my Google calendar, which shows up on my phone. That way I know to work them into my day.